SOCIAL PRESCRIBING LINK WORKER
Social Prescribing helps you to explore extra services that may support you to improve your health, wellbeing and independence.
How does it work?
A member of the GP practice or health and social care team may suggest a referral to the Social Prescribing service.
Kate, our Social Prescribing Link Worker, will then contact you to find out what you are interested in, tell you about what activities and services are available locally and help you to access them.
Together you will be able to:
Explore what is important to you or your life and wellbeing
Identify the local activities and services you can benefit from
Gain support & encouragement to start using services that can help you
The social prescribing link worker is someone:
· To talk to confidentially
· Who is practical, helpful and who will not judge you
· Who can help you decide what you’d like to do to improve your quality of life
· Concerned with your health, wellbeing and independence
· Who can find you activities that will suit you
· Who can give you support along the way
To find out more click on the link below to read the leaflet describing the service