DARTMOUTH CARING USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT WE OFFER (23/11/23)
Memory Café takes place between 10:30 and 12:30 every Tuesday. Please contact us if you wish to refer anyone into the service.
Lunch Club takes place every Wednesday 12:00 and 14:00 – places need to be booked in advance.
Visually Impaired Reading Group (VIP) – The first Thursday of every month from 14:00-16:00, call and ask for Celia to find out more.
Bereavement Group – Please contact Andie Day or Celia Stevens if interested as this is not an ‘open’ group.
AA – Alcoholics Anonymous – meeting in our café space every Thursday at 18:30. How to join a meeting:
the normal way for newbies to contact AA is for them to call the national helpline 0800 9177 650,
- or just go to a local meeting – but that takes guts/desperation for first timers.
- how to find a meeting: go online and google AA South Devon, aasouthdevon.org, where the first thing that comes up is a list of local meetings.
- if someone local calls the national helpline they will usually be put through to local phone helpers, who have a list of AA people, who can call back and follow up, usually a visit or a chat to explain what AA is and does.
- of course you can short circuit this be calling Ken (Sigrist) on 01803 770900 or call/text Ken on 07795 324 456 That’s how it usually works.
Table top gaming group – open to all aged 18+, taking place every Wednesday from 18:00 – 21:00. Please call and ask for Lucy, to book your place. See poster attached.
Dough Bros – Men’s sour dough pizza making group will be doing a taster event on Monday 11th December 18:00-20:00. Please call to book a place.
- Benefit and housing advice and support
- Dementia advice – please call/email and ask for Buffy or Natasha.
- Carer support
- Patient Transport – from 23rd August we will be offering two hours driving every Wednesday morning and afternoon for those patients who cannot access GP and Clinic services at the Health and Wellbeing Centre, by other means. This will operate from 09:00-11:00 and again 14:30-16:30. Please contact us to book a journey.
- Palliative and Oncology Care Service – in partnership with Dartmouth Medical Practice
- Social Prescribing – in partnership with Dartmouth Medical Practice
- Citizens’ Advice – Every Tuesday afternoon from 13:00-16:00
- Ukrainian Families Support – Once a month on Tuesday afternoons.
- Home Help Service
- Home from Hospital support – to assist patients on discharge with basic items and liaise with the Support team for other needs such as Attendance Allowance and Blue Badge.
- Shopping and Prescription deliveries
- The Friday Hub and Townstal Community Hall – A warm supportive space in the community
- Gardening – managing the garden area here for all users, staff, patients and clients – including building raised beds – open to anyone – patients, clients, staff…..
Services to follow in the coming months:
- Mums and Tots – likely to be a day time activity – still in the planning stage.
- Souper Thursday – Soup and a roll lunch club.
- Drop in space will start once we have sourced sufficient volunteers. Once open anyone using the Health and Wellbeing Centre will be welcome to pop in for a hot drink, biscuit and a chat.