Any available job vacancies with Dartmouth Caring are posted here.
Be sure to check this page on a regular basis and keep an eye on our News page
Vacancy – Home Help – CAR OWNER PREFERRED
The needs of the elderly for additional support have increased significantly in the past three months to the point where we need at least two more Home Help staff to join our team.
CAR OWNER PREFERRED
To provide domestic help and support to named clients
- The Post-holder will need to undertake the following:
- Clean and tidy clients home (including internal windows)
- Make beds and change bed linen
- Assist with laundry and ironing where necessary
- Shop, collect pensions and pay bills for housebound clients
- Maintain accurate care plans for each client
- Any other tasks deemed necessary after discussion with Home Help Coordinator
KEY RESULT AREAS
- The provision of practical help and support to clients in their own homes
- The provision of accurate and timely records
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The post-holder will communicate and work with:
- Home Help Coordinator
- All other staff
- Totnes Caring Management Committee
- General Practitioners and Primary Health Care Staff
- Staff of Statutory Agencies
- Staff of Registered Social Landlords
- Independent agencies
- Local community
Support will be provided by the Home Help Coordinator.
THE MOST CHALLENGING PART OF THE JOB
To give practical help and support to the client to enable them to maintain their independence.
Job Title: Home Help
Salary: £8.75 per hour (more subject to experience)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of confidentiality
- The ability to work as part of a team
To express an interest in this role please use the enquiry form below.